Inlägg publicerade under kategorin Daily activities

Av Tina Karlsson - 3 februari 2011 22:00

Today Dinio was very alert. Noticed that directly when I came to the stable. After the daily brush we went to the indoor arena. At the beginning of our session today he felt a little off, but then again there where several horses in the arena and an ongoing session. It was difficult to ride on long lines. But soon there where fewer horses and I started to really ride him. Suddenly he "woke up" and laid in "a new gear". Wow I thought, where did this come from. EVERYTHING worked today. I have never felt this before with Dinio. Suddenly there where so much energy, power and still so much abedience towards me.  I'm just saying - WOW!! What a feeling!!

Today I also introduced lucern in his diet. Starting with 3 dl per day and I will increase it up to 0,5 kg per day. Hoping he will gain more weight with this complement.

Av Tina Karlsson - 2 februari 2011 22:00

Arrived 17.15 and immediately checked his hoofs and legs. A little little warm in his front hoofs but otherwise everything was OK. Decided to give him an easy session and went to the indoor arena. He felt alert and happy. Started to walk for about 15 minutes and then began to trot. I was very excited to found out wether he would hit his front shoes or not. He didn't!!! I could work him in a long low form and I felt that he had waited for this. He felt lovely. Worked with transitions, walk pirouttes and collected and extended walk. A little trouble with the walk pirouttes to the right but otherwise everything was excellent.

I also got the test results from the laboratory today. Dinio hasn't got any worms at all. No eggs found in the test. Tomorrow I have to buy more Fibergii and perhaps I will buy lucern as well.   

Av Tina Karlsson - 1 februari 2011 20:03

Today I took a day off from work so I could meet my ferrier, who should attend Dinio's hoofs today. Everything was alright with them. Dinio got new shoes on his back hoofs. I should continue with the tar on his frogs, but they were much better. We also found some old bleedings in his right front hoof, on the outside, so something must have happened to him. But I shouldn't worry. Before the ferrier arrived I gave Dinio a session at the indoor arena. He was lovely and today it went better to catch the right canter. I could even work him a lot in the walk, without missunderstandings. NICE!! I also managed to collect some fresh menure for the worm test. So tomorrow or on Wednesday I know if he has any worms.

Dinio - you are the best and you make me so proud!!

Av Tina Karlsson - 31 januari 2011 18:51

Today my darling mother attended Dinio. Everything was perfect with him and a resting day is also good for him. Tomorrow I will send in a poop test to the laboratory to see if he has any worms. My ferrier will also attend his hoofs and if the weather is OK I will take him out to the forrest for a long walk. Therefor I have taken a day off from work tomorrow.

Av Tina Karlsson - 30 januari 2011 18:30

Finally - the weather was lovely today, no wind at all, so Ann and I rode together for about 45 minutes in the forrest. This was the first time for Dinio to leave the forrest road and to walk on small paths in the forrest. He loved it. Ann's horse and Dinio are quit equal in size and they walk with the same length of their steps and I think they really enjoy each others company. I am very proud of Dinio, he is really the horse of my dreams, so soft, nice and tender, very well behaved and so nice to ride. He is always trying his best. I left a very happy Dinio in his box.

Av Tina Karlsson - 29 januari 2011 21:00

Very disappointed today. The sun is shining, + 2 degrees and I didn't dare to ride him in the forrest, due to very heavy wind. I really hope it will be better tomorrow. We really need to get out. So we had to ride in the arena. At the beginning he felt lovely but today we had difficulties with catching the right canter. I really doesn't understand why it is like this, some days there are no problems at all, some days it's hard to catch the left canter and some other days we are having problems with catching the right canter. I have also noted that some days he doesn't want to lift up his left or right front leg, It is shifting from side to side. I have to check this, it must depend on something. On Tuesday, when my ferrier is attending his hoofs, I will ask him to check them thouroghly. If he doesn't find anything I'm going to consult a vet. After our ride I gave him a massage and also checked him thouroghly, I couldn't find anything wrong, no warmth or pulse anywhere.

Av Tina Karlsson - 28 januari 2011 20:45

Today I bought a new Probimin cure for Dinio. Hope this will do. He seemed to be very healthy today, happy and alert. My darling mother joined me and we shared all our must's and then went to the indoor arena. Today we were completely alone so I started to warm him up. Hel felt lovely. Then I asked my mother if she wanted to try and ride him. Oh yes - she said. She mounted and started to ride. It went very well indeed. She managed him excellently and even cantered. She said that he was the most wonderful horse she had ever been riding. Then I rode him a bit more and at the end I tried to collect the canter. It worked perfectly and he also wanted to do a canter piroutte, but no no, it is to early. He need to gain some more strenght. My darling Dinio - you are the best!

Tomorrow we will take a ride in the nature and perhaps also on Sunday. It depends on the weather, but it is going to be 0 degrees so it looks promising.

Av Tina Karlsson - 28 januari 2011 08:21

Late on Wednesday evening my ferrier arrived to put on the shoe he lost 2 days ago. I arrived at 4 o'clock so I had already brushed him and cleaned out his box. His hoofs are looking really good and my ferrier will come again on Tuesday next week for the regular "shoing". Due to the late arrival of my ferrier Dinio got an extra free resting day.

Thursday evening: I arrived at 17.15 and started to clean out his box and gave him a good brush. Put on his leg protections and boots. Then, suddenly, he laid down. After a few minutes he standed up again and I understood that there was something wrong with his stomach. But there where nice noices from the stomach so I decided to fetch the saddle and to give him a ride at the indoor arena. When I returned with the saddle he had laid down again. He stood up after one minute and pooped. Hmmm. Took him to the indoor arena and there he tried to lay down again. Took of the saddle and put on a rug and started to walk. After about 15 minutes he started to act normally again so I saddled him up and started to trot. After a few minutes he started to let a lot of gases go. I kept on riding for about 50 minutes and he felt normal and alert. We returned to the stable and he started to feed on his evening hay. I removed half of it and observed him for about 2 hours. He was OK. I gave him the rest of his hay but he didn't get any Fibergi this evening. A few of my stable friends was going to stay a few hours longer than me so they promised to check on him and call me if anything was suspicious.

Decreased his morning Fibergi to a few deciliters. He looked happy and content when I left him. My darling Dinio - you must stay healthy! Decided that I will send in his poop for testing for worms and to buy Probimin tomorrow.

Skaffa en gratis