Senaste inläggen

Av Tina Karlsson - 24 december 2010 20:12

Arrived at 10.30 and took immediately Dinio from the paddock to his stable. He greated me loudly today, probably because it was very windy and about -11 degrees. He was very pleased to get his luncheon and while he was feeding I started to clean out his box. He really enjoys my company. Fetched water and greated all my new friends in the stable with "Merry Christmas everybody!".

After a good brush and some massage I took him to the arena and we worked for about 50 minutes. The increased amount of Fibergi is really starting to kick in, he worked very well today. Very pleased we returned to the stable and I really think that he has gained some weight - it is starting to show. Wonderful!! I have been waiting for this to happen. But he must gain a lot more.

Tomorrow we will take a ride in the nature for the first time. Carnioso will join us and I hope this will go well and that Dinio will enjoy it.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

Av Tina Karlsson - 23 december 2010 18:36

Today I started my holiday vacation so first I went down town to bye some Christmas Gifts. At 13.30 I went to the stable. Today Dinio had spent about 4 hours in the paddock and he had nearly finished his luncheon when I arrived. Started to clean out his box and laid in a lot of straw. Dinio enjoyed it very much, laid down and rolled over several times. Then I gave him a good brush, a little massage and then we went to the indoor arena. I think he has started to gain some weight now and the increased amount of Fibergi is starting to kick in. Today we had a lovely session, still working on easy stuff but managed anyway to get some real quality steps in the trot. Dinio felt very happy and really enjoyed the session. Have I got the best horse ever? Yeaaah, I have!!

Tomorrow it is Christmas Eve. And its going to be a little bit warmer outside. Lovely!!

Av Tina Karlsson - 22 december 2010 18:30

so the horses never left the stable today. It was about -25 degrees in the evening when I arrived so we took a short walk. He needed that. He had three rugs on him during the walk so he was kept warm. Although he had stayed in all day long he behaved perfectly. I have really got an angel.

Av Tina Karlsson - 21 december 2010 20:51

Very cold this evening so I decided not to ride. Dinio needs his energy to keep himself warm and to gain some weight. I invited my darling mother to join me and she brought carrots and an apple, which was highly appreciated by him. While I cleaned his box my mother brushed him and cuddled with him. Today he has been here for 10 days and still no sign of any sicknesses. Only 4 days left of the quarantine so perhaps Dinio can join the other horses in the big stable on Christmas Day. For his sake I really hope so. Tomorrow is the last working day for me. On Thursday I will start my Christmas holiday vacation and will return to work on January 4th.

Av Tina Karlsson - 20 december 2010 20:54

We now have at least 60 cm of snow - and it is still snowing. Yesterday it was a real horror to drive to and home from the stable, today they had prepared the roads very well. One get a magic feeling when one is driving in the dark. A lot of snow on the trees and the houses, warm lights from the inside of the houses, some smell from the smoke when someone has lighted the fireplace and then the magic of the forrest in its winter costume. Mmmmmmm.

I arrived to the stable at 16.45 and started immediately to clean Dinios box. Meanwhile he got some hay and 0,5 kg of fibergii. Fetched the saddle and the bridle, prepared his evening meal, fetched water and then I gave him a good brush. He is skinny and I hope that the increased amount of hay soon will give some result. If not I have to check wether he has worms or not.

In the arena tonight were Dinio and two other horses. Hmmm I thougt, wonder how this will go. To my surprice he acted totally normal. He was a little bit tensed in the beginning but after a short while he turned in to himself. I was so pleased. He did it!! Due to his god behaviour I decided just to ride him for about 30 minutes and then we returned to the stable. He need to gain some weight before I ask more of him. Well inte stable I served him his evening meal (6 kg of hay and betfor with probimin and vitamine -B). Dinio - you are an white angel, living in a white stable and everything outside is totally white. Hope you love it here.

Av Tina Karlsson - 19 december 2010 17:04

Today I asked Sandra, who works in the stable several days during the week, how Dinio had behaved with her. "He is the most wellbehaved horse on the farm", she said. Very proud to hear this of course. My darling Dinio. Today I arrived at 10.30 and started directly to clean the stable. At 11.00 I went to the paddock and took Dinio back to the stable. He greated me with a BIG "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? IT'S COULD TODAY AND IT'S BLOWING AND I AM A LITTLE BIT FROZEN AND I AM HUNGRY!!

Yes, today it was -8 degrees, very windy and at a lot of snowing. Not nice at all. I served him his 3 kg of hay and 0,5 kg fibergii. Very nice indeed, said Dinio. I sat for about 20 minutes with him and then I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Sat and talked with my new friends for about 45 minutes and then returned to Dinio, who nearly had finished his luncheon. The plan for today was to ride him in the nature but the weather was not on our side today either. We cuddled for a while and then I brushed him and gave him some massage. When I started to attend his hoofs I saw that a horse shoe nail was loose. So I had to remove it. Secured the other shoe nails and told myself that I have to call the ferrier tomorrow. After that I laid on the fleece rug with the neck and on top of that the thicker rug with the belly warmer. He must be kept warm and I think it will be quiet cold tonight. He looked very pleased and I decided not to ride him today. It was better for him to stay inside and to get a resting day today. At 14.30 I left the stable and went home.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot - today I made an agreement with Katarina Liljedahl, the owner of Carnioso, that on Christmas Day, she and I should take a ride together out in the nature. Picture that - 2 P.R.Es walking together in a fantastic winterland, one brown (Carnioso) and one silvercoulord (Dinio) and booth of them coming from the same stable in Marbella, Spain.

Av Tina Karlsson - 18 december 2010 21:00

I arrived at 10.30 Dinio was in the paddock and he greated me when I left my car and walked towards him. He went a little bit disappointed when I didn't bring him in directly, but I had to clean out his box first. Did so and then I took him in. He was very happy to get his luncheon, today 3 kg of hay and 0,5 kg Fibergii. He was really hungry. So I let him finish his luncheon and went to the kitchen and served myself a cup of coffee and to read an equestrian newpaper. After 1,5 hour I returned to the stable and he had nearly finished feeding, so I started to brush him and also gave him a soft massage. Then we went to the arena. The weather today was horrible, blowing and snowing and though it was only -3 degrees it felt as -15 degrees in the wind. If it had been better weather the plan for today was to ride him for a tour in the nature. But perhaps tomorrow. No other horses in the arena so today everything worked perfectly. Today I rode him with spurs for the first time. Continued the work in a long low form, worked on transitions between walk and trot and worked on the transitions between trot and gallop. We also worked with a soft shoulder in on the diagonals. My darling Dinio is week on the right side and strong on the left side. Therefor I have to ride him very straight for I while and slowly increase the bending.

Av Tina Karlsson - 17 december 2010 21:30

I am a little bit puzzled. Today when I entered the arena there was another horse there. I mounted and started to walk him. He behaved in the same way as he did last tuesday. He stopped, didn't answer the forward signals, walked a little bit, stopped again. What is the matter? Tried to make him go forward with the help of my whip but he didn't feel it due to the thick riding cover. So I decided to take that off, did so and mounted again. Now I asked him again to go forward and he hardly answered. Then I gave him my whip and he went forward. Prazed him and then I asked him to go forward again, but this time only with my leg aid. He answered. So I prazed him once again. I repeated this until I felt assured that he would go forward every time I asked him to do so. The other horse left the arena and now he started to feel normal again. Now I could ride him and he answered me every time I asked him to do something for me. Hmmmmm. Can it be that he isn't used to work among other horses? I got the feeling that he would prefer to stand still and just observe the other horses. Anyway, I decided that he has to listen to me, even if there are other horses in the arena. I trotted him in a low long form and work a little bit with the shoulder in on the diagonal. I also worked with the gallop, he has some difficulties to catch the gallop so we worked on that to. I think it will take some time before he and I fully understand each other but I am sure that it is going to be really grate in the future. I fear that he has been unprogrammed. I need to start all over with the basics.

Today I also increased the hay with two kilo. He need to eat more due to his weight loss, propabaly due to the long transport home. He now gets 10 kg of hay per day, 0,5 kg of Fibergii, 2 dl (betfor) morning and night, probimin and vitamine B.

So hopefully he will gain some weight pronto.

Tomorrow I will take him out on a soft riding in the nature. Hope he will enjoy that.

Skaffa en gratis